Pacific Infection Control Network Meeting (2023)
The 2nd PICNet meeting is held in acknowledgement of the central role Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) plays in health workers' protection, patient safety, combating Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and in outbreak preparedness, readiness and response.
This meeting will provide a platform to influence and drive IPC priorities for the Pacific Region. The objectives of the meeting are for member countries to share IPC experiences and strengthen partnerships towards addressing IPC priorities in PICTs. Topics of interest include:
• Review and finalize the PICNet Meeting Terms of Reference.
• IPC education and research.
• Identify and progress the regional IPC activities in the Pacific.
• Sharing lessons learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Strengthening HAI surveillance in the Pacific.
• The role of IPC in AMR prevention.
• Hand hygiene program
This meeting is funded and supported by DFAT and EU.
Click here for meeting documents