- Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability
- Educational Quality and Assessment
- Fisheries, Aquaculture & Marine Ecosystems
- Geoscience, Energy and Maritime
- Land Resources Division
- Public Health Division
- Regional Rights Resource Team
- Social Development Program
- Statistics for Development Division
- Special Projects
Did you know that Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) represent one of the most serious challenges to the health and wellbeing of youth in the Pacific region?
In the ‘Pacific Youth Development Framework 2014 – 2023’, young people identified NCDs as a major development issue affecting their health, wellbeing and their futures. Approximately 75% of all deaths in the Pacific are due to NCDs. Overweight and obese children are likely to stay obese into adulthood and more likely to develop NCDs such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases at a younger age.